Monday, June 20, 2011

The End?

No, unfortunately, not the end of the snakes. I'll get back to them in a moment. This week I have shipped all my boys out to camp/mission trip. I do this every year and it's a great time. I usually accomplish a major project while they are gone so that is a nice bonus. This year it is the upstairs. Wow. I think this is our third (?) summer working on the upstairs? But, the good news is, if my arms don't fall off, we could be nearing the completion! Yay! I have been working on taking plaster down this morning. I started at D's door and am almost turning the corner around B's room. It got to the point that I wasn't sure I could hold the hammer or the chisel anymore, so I came downstairs for a break. I'm excited because I can see actual progress and I know Philip will be so much faster than me we'll really truck when he gets home! This is the last area to take down plaster and lathe in. The goal for the week is to take plaster and lathe down and get the drywall up before the boys get home. That way it's less people tracking through the mess. We have until Friday.

On the snake front, I've given up. Okay, not really, but life has gotten really busy so I've left them alone. P did kill two of the big ones last weekend which was great. I also talked to my dad and found out there is such a thing as snake repellent! Yay! I went out and bought some, but the instructions say to use it when it won't rain for a day or two. We've had rain every night for over a week. :( The rain is great, I just can't get rid of my snakes. The plan is to put it around the back of the house so they don't run there and then out around their favorite spots. I'm hoping it works.

Why am I so crazy about the snakes? I think there just got to be more of them and when you can't go outside without having a heart attack, it gets tiresome. It's just the startle factor. Thanks to my dad, I'm now scared to go into my garage or basement too. There are just too many hidey holes for them. But, if we get the upstairs project done a lot of the stuff in the garage can go bye-bye which is another reason to work like mad this week!

I'm off to spy on A at camp. They have a webcam set up in the dining room!

No comments: