Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday, in the Park, I think it was the 4th of July....

Okay, so nothing about that title has anything to do with this post other than the fact that it's Saturday here. And I love the 4th of July.

I'm bored. Can you tell? How did I ever have enough to do when I stayed home before? I always felt like I never had enough time. Now, I'm bored at home. I'm actually thinking I need to go do some math, on a Saturday!!

I could be painting the floor in the storage closet in preparation for it to be carpeted, but I'm totally out of the remodeling mode. I think I'm ready to just do schoolwork and get this semester over. Time to turn my focus on something else. The remodeling gets frustrating because there is only so much I can do up there and then I have to wait on others. Others that get called into work on Saturdays.

I also don't think they should have a weekend break after going back to school from Christmas break. I mean, geez, they just had two weeks off, who needs a weekend? They are just bored again and picking on each other and fighting.

D has a game today. The fourth one of the week. We have only gone to two. We just can't afford to go to all the away games. It would have cost $30 this week at least without figuring in gas money. Someone did call today and ask us to ride with them if we were going. When I said we weren't going, she made the comment about it just getting to be a lot. I let her think that. D made three free throws in the game last night and he played a lot on Thursday night because we were playing the freshman team of a larger school. They had 20 freshman, we took our four freshman and then four sophomores. We didn't lose as bad as we thought! :)

Apparently, A's team didn't get registered in time for league play so they will only be playing in tournaments. It's hard to be disappointed that you're not going to be going to basketball games every Saturday for two months. Especially if you have filled a number of Saturdays in those same months with speech judging.

B's birthday has kind of snuck up on me. I need to run to a nearby Wal-Mart and get some cake mixes and a last part to his birthday present. Unfortunately for him, that's just going to be underwear. :) He needs some and he has decided he doesn't like tidy whities anymore, so I need to get some boxers for him. He is so opinionated on clothes. He actually spent all his Christmas money plus some other he had to buy an Under Armour shirt and it had to be Under Armour. I tried to explain to him he was paying a lot for just the name. Maybe not, I do believe a lot of technology goes into their clothing, but does an almost 10 year old need that technology?

I feel like I'm griping so I better just sign off. No subbing on the calendar for the rest of January, which actually isn't a bad thing because then maybe I can get my hours in for my practicum without trying to schedule around subbing. The homework is not looking too bad for this semester. It's a 16 week semester and most of my classes just have 8 learning modules so that means I can take two weeks on a module (or unit) if needed. That takes some of the pressure off. I was also glad to see that even though my algebra is with a different instructor than I've had for the last two, he has it set up the same way.

Have a great Saturday and maybe where you are, it's nice enough to go to the park!

No comments: