Wednesday, September 22, 2010

View from the Couch

Yes, this seems to be my view this week. How my life looks from the couch. (And a reminder that we seriously need a new couch. It actually hasn't looked too bad. The boys are doing an excellent job of picking up and taking care of things at night so I don't go crazy looking at a mess the next day. D made supper last night without grumbling or complaining. A and B are working on AWANA and homework pretty faithfully and all in all it hasn't been too bad. I really wanted to get the house cleaned top to bottom this week, but what's one more week of dust?

P was gone again last night. He is supposed to be home tonight, but I don't know if that's going to happen considering where he was when I talked with him at 3pm. Why his travel has to happen in spurts of all or nothing, I don't know, but what can you do?

Today was 60's/70's day for Homecoming. D fluffed his hair, put on a headband and his tie-dye shirt for this weekend and was good to go. I wish he had a big peace necklace and some of those tiny sunglasses, but he looked pretty cool.

I hope to be able to write on the shirts I have done tonight. I ran out of dye the other night, so am short a few yet. The kit said it would do 8 shirts, but we must of been heavy handed with the dye. Philip is going to try to buy me more somewhere on the way home. I used the old dye from this summer on one shirt and the yellow completely washed out! So, Grandpa, you have a blue and red shirt. It actually looks pretty cool.

That's all I know for now. I am anxiously awaiting news of the new nephew, but not too soon, because I want to able to come see him!

No comments: