Okay, after reading some other blogs, I decided this might be better and more informative for family than all my FB posts.
First day of school is here! Everyone got up and going today and did well. D's car wouldn't start, and we had to jump it, so I pray that it starts after school and he doesn't have that embarrassment at school.
A had all his supplies and we had a good meeting with the teachers on Monday. I've spent most of the morning praying for him. You can pray that he remembers to do what he needs to do and that he does it when he needs to. This is a big step in him taking charge of his diabetes.
B needs a 10am start just like I always did. He also needs the high school breakfast schedule, then his mornings would go better I'm sure. Tempting his appetite first thing in the morning is always hard. I need to make some muffins and such as he will always eat that.
I have decided to not apply for the library job. The schedule didn't seem to be working out this summer and I worried how it would work for fall. I have my practicum coming up in January and I know we will also have two boys playing basketball at that time too. I'm not sure what the spring will bring.
On another note, P has made huge steps in his relationship with D. He has read a little of the "Shepherding a Child's Heart", and saw part of a video on the same series. They both hit him hard. We now have both at our house, but finding time to get to them is difficult.
We are almost done drywalling one closet and close on the other. Then paint and carpet! We are going to wait on carpet for A's because of all the dust we will have from doing the room. We were on track to have the closet's done before school, but the wheels fell off somewhere. The goal is to have them done and A's room done before Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed!
That's all for now. We'll see if I can keep this up.
No comments:
Post a Comment