I've been meaning to write on here all week, but I think I think I forgot I was a stay-at-home mom this week! Whew! Monday I went grocery shopping, and then spent time with Z and the kids. Tuesday I worked at the Cup and found out that they don't have Wi-fi there anymore so I will have to be cautious about when I say I can work there! (That means I can't do homework while I am there like I planned that day.) Wednesday I subbed for a parent at the Polk County Christian School. Thursday I did VB lines. Friday I worked at the Cup all day!! Whew! Today, I've been cleaning.
In addition to all that I threw my back out on Wednesday. EXTREME pain. I went to the chiropractor on Thursday, but I know it didn't stay. I hate when my body betrays me. It's doable now. It'll start to hurt if I'm standing too much so I go lay down. VB lines Thursday night were a killer! Luckily, because of the Huskers playing, they cancelled the Freshman game and just had JV and Varsity. Between games the PE teacher I do lines with took me to the training room and put BioFreeze on the tight spots and that helped.
Philip and I have been a little irritated that with everything we did to our house over the last year, our utility bill actually went up last winter! Part of this is not knowing that if there was even a hiccup in the electricity it would reset the thermostat to default settings meaning it would run on gas, not heat pump and then not understanding what screen to find that on. So, anyway, we are the budget program here and they re-figure budgets every quarter. We had a nice surprise this month when the bill came and our total had dropped $40!
This was doubly nice because I've had a hard time trusting God to provide with me not working a steady job. I have peace about it, but.....you know how that is. P's last two checks have been great because of travel and the next one should be nice because he has worked the last two Saturdays trying to get stuff done. I'm putting away any money I make right now for our two trips coming up in November and January. (Thanksgiving at Jon and Kelly's and Kyle's wedding in Oklahoma New Year's.) Tuesday I made enough tips to pay for yoga that week so that was cool. Friday, it would have been better if they had closed instead of hiring me, I was so not busy!
A had a friend over last night that went home at noon and he just got back from a bike ride with friends and they are here. B went to an air-soft war at 10:00 and I need to pick him up here in a little bit. D has a movie night at the Cup for youth group tonight. They are watching "The Dark Knight" to springboard into discussions on spiritual warfare.
I wrote an e-mail expressing some misgivings on that. Do we have to go shock and awe to get a point across? Parents are invited to attend, but neither P or I have any desire to see the movie. How do we make that work? Scary movies don't bother D at all so I guess we'll let him go, but is something wrong if we won't go to a movie because it might creep us out and they are using it at youth group to discuss spiritual warfare? Is the Devil winning if we are scared? Should we be scared if Jesus has overcome the world? I may still go, P said he definitely wouldn't. I just don't want any new images in my head to freak me out the next time P is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment