Friday, January 8, 2010

Monday, December 28, 2009

Sometimes, I don't like being the mother of a diabetic. I don't want to get up at midnight and three o'clock and check blood sugars. I don't want to try to remember all the "rules". Do I bolus at 200? It's after 3am, if I bolus will he be low before morning?

We went on a pump in October and it's going O.K., I don't think he's anymore regulated than before, but he does like the freedom of not having shots. Now, today, we ordered the USB port that will allow us to download all his info from his pump to an on-line site. The doctor's office can then go to this on-line site and see all the information and help with changes. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but it's just something else to figure out.

Then, I find myself thinking of the future. We have basketball coming up and it drives him nuts to have his pump bouncing on his shorts. He wants to suspend his pump and do it that way. That's scary for me. How do we handle that? Does he just put it on whenever he's out of the game? Do we wait for halftime? Or, do we buy a sport strap to hold his pump and just do the temporary basal?

And yet, even as I panic over all of this. I know Who is in control and I know that HE will not let us fail. We don't know how all this works, and what Aaron's future will hold, but HE does and HE loves Aaron more than we do. I can trust him with everything, even Aaron.

Psalm 121
I lift up mine eyes unto the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed he who watches over Israel will neither slumber not sleep. The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore

No comments: