Friday, January 8, 2010

Our 10 year old has had Type 1 and was just put on a pump on Monday. Today, I seem to have the flu that everyone else had last week. Considering the celiac/diabetic/asthmatic had H1N1, I'm not hopeful about returning to work tomorrow.

So, I'm a little stressed about maybe having to change infusion sites from my bed. I have no recollection of how to do it! We'll have to get the book out and walk through it. We might have to change sites because he is experiencing some pain inside and we've had one "No Delivery" alarm this a.m.. I'm praying we don't have to do this. Lunch went well.

This was posted on another blog back in October. The pump is going well. We can now change a site in under 10 minutes rather than the 30 minutes we started with! The hardest thing for me now is to get the air bubbles out of the reservoir. Recently, my husband was gone on a trip and I was exhausted from homework, taking care of 3 boys and doing his paper route. We never did get all the air bubbles out. The next day we saw a bubble in the line and had to push it out. Today, I made my first changes in basal rates without the nurse. I still e-mailed them to double check I was doing the right thing, but still, I made the decision what he needed done!

No comments: