I am being reminded of why I quit my job. It's draining. I come home and just want to sit on the couch and do nothing. Then, I think of the parents of these kids and can't imagine what it takes to be a parent to them. I'm so thankful for our boys. Yes, they have had bumps along the way and I would never say A's life is easy, but for the most part, they are healthy, smart, and doing well. We really only have minor things to worry about.
I think I mentioned an issue with another boy bullying A and us not knowing. We know we have to talk with the parents as we are going to terminate this "friendship", but that is soo hard to think about. Please pray for A in adjustment to this, pray for us to have the right words when speaking to the parents, and that it would be received as well as could be expected. Also pray for A in his self-esteem and understanding that it's okay to tell people what is not okay to do.
D had BB this morning at 6:20 and then he and I delivered cookie dough this afternoon. I have a lot of cookie dough in my freezer for relatives! And just when you think you can sleep in on a Saturday...your high schooler hands you a note saying he has to be a the school at 7am for Quiz Bowl!! (Did I mention we didn't know there was a quiz bowl until Wednesday? I'm pretty sure I haven't told P either, so pretty sure he'll be surprised.)
I have lots to do for Thanksgiving tomorrow and haircuts are a must for three of my guys, so it will be a busy weekend in preparation for leaving. Our pastor and his family own a van that is the same make and model of ours. They won't be doing extensive traveling over the holiday, so they have graciously agreed to let us borrow their travel topper. We hope this helps with fitting in all the food and gear for a family of five for 4 days! We are actively looking for a Suburban again, but want something close to or under 100,000 miles so we will probably have to wait a few months. We will have all cars paid off in a couple of months, so we should be able to save up our car payment for a few months and have a nice down payment ready to buy one by summer?
Speaking of cars, D's car is at Milford again having body work done. This is a great service from the technical college there. All we have to pay for is the parts and they do the work as practice for the students. Unfortunately, they weren't ready for it until a few weeks ago. We are praying for it to be done by the end of the semester because now is when we really need it. I made three trips to the school yesterday so was glad when P was home to make the 4th one!
Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment